Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

2023 Taxes - Real Estate Taxes without a mortgage - "We need a bit more info to see if you qualify" statement

When trying to enter the 2023 taxes paid on my real estate (current residence without a mortgage), I get an error message saying: "We need a bit more info to see if you qualify." and I cannot enter the amount of my real estate taxes. (Federal Taxes, Deductions & Credits, Your Home, Property Taxes) However, I have not found (cannot find) out what information TurboTax is asking for or where to enter it. Since I qualify for itemized deductions, this makes a big difference. What information would TurboTax likely need and where would it want me to enter it?

(After using TurboTax for more than 40 years, this is the first problem I have had with TurboTax. Or is that TurboTax's problem with me?)

Thanks!

Larry W, Ebinger

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

2023 Taxes - Real Estate Taxes without a mortgage - "We need a bit more info to see if you qualify" statement

Are you using an online or desktop version of TurboTax?

Thanks! I am using the windows desktop version.

@LarryEbinger Go to Forms mode by clicking Forms in the upper right of the program screen.

When in Forms mode see if there is a Home Interest Worksheet (Home Int Wkst) shown in the list of forms and schedules on the left side of the screen.  If there is, click on the Worksheet to open.  Then with the worksheet opened click on the Delete Form button at the bottom of the screen.

Also, click on Schedule A to open the Schedule.  Verify that there is an amount on Line 5b which would be the property taxes paid. 

Thanks!

Unfortunately, I have no Home Int Wkst and there is no Schedule A listed. There are, however, Schedules 3, B, and D. Restarting TurboTax also did not fix the problem.

Therefore, I have not been able to repair (fix) the issue. HELP!

Larry W. Ebinger

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies