Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Still need to file? Our experts can get your taxes done right. Get started >
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

2019 Amended tax return

I am wondering how I find out about my 2019 taxes I had to file an amended tax return because we eat found it in July and they weren’t excepting until August so basically they never got it I got a paper from the IRS saying they needed another 60 days that was 90 days ago it’s been almost 2 years what do I do

2 Replies
Employee Tax Expert

2019 Amended tax return



The IRS would be your go to place to find out the status of your Amended Tax Return. 

Unfortunately, due to COVID-19 impacts, amended returns can take a very long time.

Your choices are:


1. Go to the IRS Website page that is set up to find the current status of an Amended Tax Return, here:


2. If the lack of response from the IRS is causing a financial hardship, you may fill out IRS Form 911:

and then contact your local IRS Taxpayer Advocate Office:


Taxpayer Aadvocate Service can help if you can't resolve your problem with the IRS and:

  • Your problem is causing financial difficulties for you, your family, or your business.
  • You face (or your business is facing) an immediate threat of adverse action.
  • You've tried repeatedly to contact the IRS but no one has responded to you, or the IRS hasn't responded by the date promised.

Each state has at least one Local Taxpayer Advocate who is independent of the local IRS office and reports directly to the National Taxpayer Advocate. Select your state to find the phone number and address of the Taxpayer Advocate Service office nearest you.

If you qualify for our help, we'll do everything we can to get your problem resolved. You'll be assigned to one advocate who will be with you at every turn.


**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
Employee Tax Expert

2019 Amended tax return

Contacting the IRS Taxpayer Advocate Service Toll Free:


**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
message box icon

Ready to start your taxes?

Hand off your taxes, get expert help, or do it yourself.

See Pricing
Manage cookies