Skip to main content
Level 2
April 4, 2022
Question

1095-a Allocation 0% does not populate 8962 correctly

  • April 4, 2022
  • 2 replies
  • 22 views

When allocating 0% to a return for the months Jan - June, the 8962 does not fill out correctly.  No numbers in any of the months. (I would expect Jan-June would be blank or 0).  Also if I scroll above, the form 8962 has ,missing/no data in boxes 1 - 8.  When I use any other percentage, 1%, 25%, 75%, etc, etc.... the form fills out correctly.  Any help?

    2 replies

    Alumni - Intuit
    April 4, 2022

    Do you have amounts that you are reporting for July through December where your allocation is greater than 0%?

     

    TurboTax has a list of unsupported calculations and this is one of them: Form 8962, Part IV - Allocation percentage applied to monthly amount cannot be at zero percent. 

     

    I would just leave January through June blank on Form 1095-A and only fill out the July through December amounts and allocate that using the method you have determined. 

    Level 2
    April 4, 2022

    Thanks for the information!