Audlogic

Working remotely as a telehealth employee. Where do I file for state taxes?

I am currently working for an employer based in Connecticut part-time doing tele-radiology while my residency is in Massachusetts. Starting in July, I will be working full-time for a company based in Maine doing the same work and continuing to reside in Massachusetts.

The information floating out there is unclear as to where I am supposed to file my state income tax: only Massachusetts where 100% of the work is done via telehealth workstation, OR with both CT & MA (ME & MA with the next job/filing). Hoping to get some clarification on this. Thanks!

MinhT1

If you work remotely from your home, all income is considered earned in your home state. You only need to file a state return for your home state, and NOT the states where your employers are domiciled.

MinhT1

TomD8

Note that the above answer applies only if 100% of your work is done from your home.  Any work actually (physically) performed in a non-resident state is also taxable by that state.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.