Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Work in 2 states- Live in one

Hi, I live and have an office in CA and work here full time (for the most part). However, I may work in UT in few times per month (5-10 days at most). Can I file UT taxes for the time I've worked in UT and get credit from CA for the hours/pay?
1 Reply
Level 7

Work in 2 states- Live in one

Yes, TT/Calif will prepare the other state tax credit for some or all of the UT tax on the income that both are taxing. Prepare the nonresident UT return first, then the resident Calif return so that the information to prepare the credit is available from the completed UT return.

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies