Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Jspeaks72

Why is TurboTax information wrong? The state of Michigan says the 29th is open for filing taxes and it says the 31st. This is slowing down my ability to file.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies

Why is TurboTax information wrong? The state of Michigan says the 29th is open for filing taxes and it says the 31st. This is slowing down my ability to file.

The Michigan forms are supposed to become ready for filing sometime today 1/31/2024, but there is no way to know exactly what time that will occur.   And sometimes the projected date is moved back.   You can watch the Forms Availability Table through the link below.  When the Michigan forms are ready, green checkmarks will appear in the table by the forms.

FAQ: When will my individual tax forms be available in TurboTax?

Forms Availability Table

Jspeaks72

This is not what michigan.gov says about filing. I included the link to show this. 

@ Jspeaks72 wrote:

This is not what michigan.gov says about filing. I included the link to show this. 

It's TurboTax that has to have its Michigan forms ready.    Even though the state may be open for filing, TurboTax still has to do the programming and testing on its end, and apparently they project they will be ready sometime today.

Ignore today, and check again tomorrow, 1 Feb.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies