If your State return shows, incomplete then at the time you originally e-filed your State forms were not yet available to be e-filed. If you have e-filed your Federal tax return and it has been accepted, then you can follow the steps below to file your State return:
- Login to your TurboTax account.
- In the Welcome Home box, click on the My TurboTax tab at the top and then My Tax Timeline
- In the SOME THINGS YOU CAN DO section, click Add a state. (Important do not select continue with state return as it will send you back in a loop. Please select add a state, as this will bring you back into the program, even though you are not really adding a state. Instead you will be selecting the tab in the next step)
- Click on the State Taxes tab. (Located in the upper portion of the screen)
- Click Continue to start or complete your state taxes.
- Click Done with State.
- Continue through the flow to review and file your state taxes.