Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

ysys
Returning Member

Why am I getting charged additionally after paying for the program?

I am a bit frustrated with Turbotax. I've purchased the Deluxe program from Sam's Club and paid an additional amount to add UT state tax return. That, I thought would be it. After getting through all my documents and choosing to pay with my credit card, it asks me to pay for another $25. The item says TURBOTAX DESKTOP STATE RETURN UT TAX YEAR 2023 E-FILE. I already paid for my UT state when I started my state return. This seems a bit absurd and would like some assistance if anybody can help.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
DawnC
Expert Alumni

You paid for the state software to prepare the return for mailing.   There is a $25 e-file fee for state returns.    You get 5 free federal e-files, but the state E-file is not included.   You can file your UT return by mail and avoid the e-file fee.  

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
ysys
Returning Member

Well that was something that I wasn't aware of. To file it by mail, do I just print out what I have and send it to the state tax office?

One thing let me ask.  What did you pay to add UT state return?  Was that the $40 to buy a state download program?  You probably didn't need to buy that.  Because Deluxe should come with 1 free state program download.  Unless you bought the Deluxe that does not come with a state program.  Deluxe comes 2 ways, Deluxe with state program and Deluxe without state for states that don't have an income tax.  

Yes in the Desktop program it is $25 ($20 before March 1) to efile each state return.  But you probably got a $10 credit from Sam's to apply to the fee.  Unless you used it already to buy the state Program.  

Here is Sam's Deluxe.  See there is Deluxe + State and Deluxe with no state.

Sams Deluxe.jpg

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies