turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

gsskrinar

We reside in CT. My wife earned some wages in Mass...in filing my CT taxes Turbo tax indicates that I need to send CT a copy of my MA return; is that correct?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

We reside in CT. My wife earned some wages in Mass...in filing my CT taxes Turbo tax indicates that I need to send CT a copy of my MA return; is that correct?

A Connecticut resident who works in another state that imposes an income tax will be required to file a nonresident income tax return for the other state and a resident return for Connecticut.  The Connecticut resident will receive credit from Connecticut for income tax paid to the other state on income earned for services performed in the other state.  The credit allowed will be the lesser of the tax paid to the other state or the tax which Connecticut imposes on the resident's out-of-state wages. The credit is claimed by completing Form CT-1040, Schedule 2, and attaching a copy of the return filed with the other state.  The resident should contact the state in which he or she worked to determine the correct form to file to report the income earned in that state.

TurboTax should attach all necessary forms to your CT return.

View solution in original post

1 Reply
KarenJ
Intuit Alumni

A Connecticut resident who works in another state that imposes an income tax will be required to file a nonresident income tax return for the other state and a resident return for Connecticut.  The Connecticut resident will receive credit from Connecticut for income tax paid to the other state on income earned for services performed in the other state.  The credit allowed will be the lesser of the tax paid to the other state or the tax which Connecticut imposes on the resident's out-of-state wages. The credit is claimed by completing Form CT-1040, Schedule 2, and attaching a copy of the return filed with the other state.  The resident should contact the state in which he or she worked to determine the correct form to file to report the income earned in that state.

TurboTax should attach all necessary forms to your CT return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies