Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jtbrockwe27
Returning Member

***Warning*** DO NOT USE TURBOTAX if you file New York State Taxes

TurboTax has screwed up my New York State/New York City tax return for the last two years and I am reporting a defect in the software.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
maglib
Level 11

I have used TT for generations with NY and had no issues. Normally it is the person not going through the interview correctly.
**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.
jtbrockwe27
Returning Member

I am specifically referencing NYS/NYC combo. You sound like an AI bot, "generations" and "interview" are not applicable to using the software.

TomD8
Level 15

Tens if not hundreds of thousands of New York taxpayers use TurboTax.  If there had been a problem with the New York software, then this board would have been flooded with complaints about it. 

That did not happen.

Perhaps someone here could help you, if you wish to post the details about the problem.

Regardless of fault, if your originally filed returns were incorrect, then you can easily remedy the situation by filing amended returns.  You have 3 years from the due date of the original return to do that.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
maglib
Level 11

TT takes you through an interview and if you don't use it, maybe you made mistakes and generations is meaning years. You do not state your specific issue at all, please do as I'd love to know it. Have you filed a grievance with TT . Let us know the details vs. writing ambiguous complaints.
**I don't work for TT. Just trying to help. All the best.
***Say "Thanks" by marking as BEST ANSWER and clicking the thumb icon in a post and that I solved your question
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
I am NOT an expert and you should confirm with a tax expert.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies