Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

karensline
Returning Member

Unable to move past something on state taxes I don't even think applies to me

I have finished my data entry on my federal taxes and am trying to finish state (NJ).  One of the first things the program is asking me to do is to enter information about a K-1.  I did receive a K-1 for an IRA investment.  When doing the federal taxes, when asked did I have any K-1s, I indicated I did, but after I entered "yes" that box 12 in Part II of the K-1 is marked to show the partner is a retirement plan, the Turbo Tax program said because it was a retirement account, nothing needed to be reported and I moved on.  Made it through the federal review, moved on to state.  The first screen that comes up is Partnership Income and it says "You reported income from a partnership, we'll review your partnership now".  My only choice is to hit continue which brings me to a page requesting General Information, first for the partner, then for the partnership.  It wants the name and SS# of the partner and, on the K-1 the partner is Midland Trust as Custodian FBO me and the SS# on the K-1 for the partner is not my SS#, rather, it appears to be a TIN, with only the last 4 of the number reflected...would this be the number I would need to enter or should it be my SS#?  Also, I don't believe I should need to put any of this information in as I do not think it applies.  The investment was made with existing IRA funds, not funds withheld from my income in 2021.  In addition, the program will not let me go past this screen???  I have tried going back to the federal return to say "No" where it asks do you have any K-1s, but this doesn't change my situation on the state return.  

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I am having the same problem...any idea how to fix this?

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

You have posted this on an old post. Can you tell us what exactly you are having problems with?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies