Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax Won't transmit State Return

I am using TurboTax Premier Desktop version. I am able to submit my federal return electronically, but when I try to submit my California state return, it does NOT submit and I get the message below. I have done the online update and downloaded manual updates and re-strated my computer mutiple times. I have paid additional $25 fee to file the state return electronically, so I dont think I should have to submit it by mail as well. Can someone please help resolve this issue?

"The Intuit Electronic Filing System is having difficulty recognizing the data in the return you ar sending. Make sure your TurboTax program is up to date. GO to the online menu and select Check for Updates. If you still cant transmit your return, go to www.support.turbotax.com for a solution. In some cases, you may need ot file this return by mail - FAILED - VALIDATION - there is an update avilable for your version of TurboTax. Beffor eyou can file electornically youll need to getthis upddate. To doo this go to the online menu and select check for updates".

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply
EbonyA
Intuit Alumni

TurboTax Won't transmit State Return

Please review this thread in its entirety and then reach out to support via phone for possible assistance with the license code. Contact details can be found here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies