Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

turbotax won't file nonresident schedule E form for Out-of-state rental property of total income being zero

I live in CA, but have a rental property in MI. The income this year is $2144, but there is a negative carryover from last year. So the net income this year is still $0 in the federal schedule E form. When asked about MI portion of $0 for schedule E income (or loss), I put 0 there. As a result, I couldn't see the schedule E form for MI tax return. Is it correct for me to do so? I actually also tried to put $2144 there, but I still couldn't see the schedule E form for MI.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

turbotax won't file nonresident schedule E form for Out-of-state rental property of total income being zero

Yes, that is correct to enter $0 here.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
PatriciaV
Expert Alumni

Michigan State Income tax return does not include a Schedule E. Instead, the information from your federal return is summarized on Michigan Schedule 1

Here's a link to Michigan 2023 Individual Income Tax Forms and Instructions, which lists Schedule 1 and its instructions.

Hi @PatriciaV . Thank you for your answer. I understand it now. Could you please tell me if it's correct for me to put $0 as the MI portion? Thank you!

CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Yes, that is correct to enter $0 here.

Thank you for your answer.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies