Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TurboTax "not ready" to e-file my Virginia amended return? We are in October!!

Long story...  because of a bug in TurboTax 2023 H&B, my 2023 taxes were miscalculated and I paid too much in April.   A later software update fixed the problem.  So, now I am forced to amend my returns to recover the difference.

The transmission of the amended Federal return went nicely and was accepted by IRS.  However, when I try to e-file my Virginia amended return, I get this:

"Tax Year 2023 transmissions are not available. TurboTax is not ready to process Tax Year 2023 for this return. "

What to do?

I really don't want to print 50 pages and snail-mail them to Richmond to get $170.   There must be a workaround.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies

I don't know if TTX has updated or changed their list from 6 months ago (May or April), but this TTX FAQ says TTX won't/can't e-file amended VA tax returns:

Can I e-file my amended state return? (intuit.com)

The notification you received sounds fishy though....perhaps failing to generate a more correct explanation.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

Notice that the person who published that drivel didn't have the integrity to sign their name to it.

I'm in this mess because TurboTax was broken.  Now that they've fixed their mistake, they need to allow me to file my return again.   If they're telling us that they can't figure out how to do, they are lying.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies