Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kahkqm

Turbo tax did not calculate my CA state return properly and did not deduct taxes I paid. How do I fix this?

How do I contact turbo tax to fix an error on their part?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

Turbo tax did not calculate my CA state return properly and did not deduct taxes I paid. How do I fix this?

If you have not already filed your return, you can log in to your account to make the necessary corrections.  You can enter any additional taxes you paid to CA and make any other necessary corrections.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
kahkqm

I don't see anywhere where I can change the tax information.  Can you give me the exact spot?  The CA state doesn't even have a review like the federal one does.  Please help! Thank you so much!

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

We cannot see your return in this forum.  Please provide information on exactly what payments to CA were missing.  Were they estimated payments?  Taxes due?  Because if it was on the W-2 that could have been entered when you input information on W-2 Box 17.

If this is related to a W-2, to correct this information you have to go into Federal, Wages, and Income, then select the W-2 where the CA taxes were withheld and make sure it is entered accurately.  If it is not this then provide more details.

kahkqm

The state form that you filled out indicated my w-2 box 17 was "0", when in fact I have paid $4,197.  How can I get this fixed? 

Delete the W2 and enter it again manually.  That usually clears something out and fixes it espceially if you imported the W2 originally.  

Cynthiad66
Expert Alumni

If box 17 is incorrect, you can enter the correct amount there.

@kahkqm 

TomD8
Level 15

@kahkqm --

If you made any estimated tax payments to CA, you must enter them manually in the federal side of your return under Estimates and Other Taxes Paid.  The program has no other way of knowing that information.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies