Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

TT WRONG ADDFOR MO.balance due: MO Depart of Revenue, P.O. Box 329, Jefferson City, MO xxxxx-xxxx. refund MO Dept of Revenue, P.O. Box 500, Jefferson City, MO xxxxx-xxxx.

ABOVE IS DUE TO LENGTH ALLOWED BY TURBO TAX.  THEY HAVE THE WRONG ADDRESSES FOR MISSOURI FILINGS THE CORRECT ADDRESSESD ARE   For individuals with a balance due, send the return and check to: Missouri Department of Revenue, P.O. Box 329, Jefferson City, MO xxxxx-xxxx. For individuals who are due a refund or owe nothing, send the return to: Missouri Department of Revenue, P.O. Box 500, Jefferson City, MO xxxxx-xxxx.
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies

TT WRONG ADDFOR MO.balance due: MO Depart of Revenue, P.O. Box 329, Jefferson City, MO xxxxx-xxxx. refund MO Dept of Revenue, P.O. Box 500, Jefferson City, MO xxxxx-xxxx.

@james j rose 

I suspect that:

The addresses could be a difference between the Print-Only forms you fill in by hand, and the  Computer Calculated forms.....and TTX uses Computer calculated forms.

For instance, using the PDF downloads from the MO Dept of Rev webpage:

The 2023 MO-1040A Instructions PDF show your listed PO boxes.....

And also for the Print Only MO-1040A form.

...BUT that's for forms where you fill in the form with a pen/pencil

However:

The actual Fillable/Calculating forms MO-1040 and MO-1040A PDF files that MO provides both show different PO boxes:

(ignoring zips because this forum AI might delete anyhow):

For balance Due:

Missouri Dept of Revenue

P.O. Box 3370

Jefferson City MO  zip

For Refund or no Amount Due:

Missouri Dept of Revenue

P.O. Box 3222

Jefferson City MO zip

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

The addresses I show are from the Missouri Department of Revenue website 

@james j rose 

The addresses I showed are from page 5 of the MO-1040 and page 4 of the MO-1040A, PDF fillable/calculating forms on the MO website.

Forms and Manuals (mo.gov)

The addresses you show are from the same website.....but on the PDF Print Only forms, MO-1040, and MO-1040A.

So they distinguish between the two form types.  And TTX is effectively doing computer calculated forms.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies