Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

The NC retired benefit worksheet

The NC "retired benefit" worksheet is creating an unspecified error.  See screenshot, below.

Screenshot 2024-04-16 at 11.42.17 AM.png

Should not be more than WHAT?

Thanks for any help you can offer. I am unable to file the NC taxes without the error.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

The NC retired benefit worksheet

@jp4571 

That error shows up for me, if I attempt to claim a Military Pension distribution as being Baily Settlement eligible where I entered the 1099-R form in the Federal section....

BUT

...Then, during the NC section of the software interview, I also claimed the same $$ amount as being eligible for the Uniformed Services retirement deduction.

You cannot claim it in both places...

If you blank-out that 15,846, and continue thru the next pages (another error my show up on the next page....just ignore it, continue out to the main menu) and then run the error check a second time.

But, if it was a Military 1099-R,  you should also go back and check whether you claimed those same 1099-R $$ as being Bailey Settlement eligible when you stepped thru it's entry in the Federal section.

Like I said. you can take Bailey Settlement (if it was eligible for that) OR Uniformed Services   ..,not both.

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies