turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jendoll

The only income I have for 2018 is IHSS for caring for a family member and I live in California no taxes were taken out I don’t know why but when I get a refund

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

The only income I have for 2018 is IHSS for caring for a family member and I live in California no taxes were taken out I don’t know why but when I get a refund

That is considered non taxable income so you should not get any tax reporting forms ... thus you will have no need to file an income tax return and so no refund to be recieved.

View solution in original post

3 Replies

That is considered non taxable income so you should not get any tax reporting forms ... thus you will have no need to file an income tax return and so no refund to be recieved.

I agree.  Because that income is exempt from taxes, it is as if you have no income at all (for Federal income tax purposes).  With $0 of income, there won't be a refund on your Federal tax return.
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies