Vmsmith1228

Taxes

When will I get my refund back and did I do my taxes right

bluedeb

Taxes

Once your returns are accepted, the IRS issues most refunds in less than 21 days, although some require additional time. You should only call if it has been: 21 days or more since you e-filed. 6 weeks or more since you mailed your return

See the following from the IRS for refund information, 2020 Income Tax Refund Chart Shows When You'll Get Your IRS Refund

https://www.cpapracticeadvisor.com/tax-compliance/news/21121511/2020-income-tax-refund-chart-shows-w...

-------------------------------------

No one here can access your return or would know if you filed your taxes correctly.  If you already transmitted your return you would not be able to use TurboTax Live Expert to review your return.

Vmsmith1228

Taxes

Okay thank you and why does it say still pending is supposed to be that way

Anonymous
Not applicable

Taxes

it will say "pending" until the IRS actually processes it. 

mesquitebean

Taxes

After efiling, normally it will have an efile status of "pending" up to 24-48 hours.   However, since the IRS just opened up for processing this week, they have a huge backlog, so a status of "pending" may persist longer.  Once the IRS agrees to start processing it, the efile status should change to "accepted".   Unless, of course, it is "rejected".

If  you used Online TurboTax to prepare the return, you can check the efile status occasionally by logging back into your Online TurboTax account and checking at the Tax Home.  You should also be emailed a notification when it is accepted or rejected.