Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jenanna1709
Returning Member

Stimulus Check

I didnt have any taxable income for 2019, but  filed state to get the k12 credit, which is still processing.  It said I had to file by mail since I couldn't file a federal form with no income. Yet I had paper work with nothing in the boxes to still sign and turn in/ mail in to the federal address.

I mailed my state to the state which is processing.

I havent received my stimulus check yet, I'm guessing because my state return is still processing? Or else how does the IRS know how many dependents I have, since nothing was filed out or required on the federal form. 

I have tried to fill out the non filers form but it wasnt accepted. 

Do I just need to wait for my state to process or should I of had it by now?

State received the forms 2nd week in April.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies
CatinaT1
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Check

Go here for stimulus info:  https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payments

This FAQ site may answer your questions.

https://www.irs.gov/coronavirus/economic-impact-payment-information-center

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
jenanna1709
Returning Member

Stimulus Check

I cant find anything on there that really helps 😕 

SusanY1
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Check

The IRS won't have access to your state information - that won't tell them anything.  You will need to file a federal tax return for the IRS to know about your dependents or try the nonfilers tool again - I'm not sure why the first submission was not accepted.

The IRS will have limited information about you, possibly, from other databases but not about your dependents unless you file a tax return or the nonfiler submission form. 

jenanna1709
Returning Member

Stimulus Check

This is the form they had me sign and mail in to Federal... but I wont get a refund. But it said to mail it in along with the one to the state. 

It has my address and my dependents but since I didn't get a refund, they wouldn't allow any checking account information, so in that section is just "X"s 

And on the state it has my checking account information 

jenanna1709
Returning Member

Stimulus Check

I cant get the screen shot to attach (even blocking out my information) but it just has my name address and my dependents..and I mailed it to the address that was on the form

jenanna1709
Returning Member

Stimulus Check

On the irs website to check the status of my federal refund, it said to type in "1" even when you had no income...which is what I had. 

But it cant be found. So I don't know what to do. 

jenanna1709
Returning Member

Stimulus Check

Screenshot_20200615-164452_Chrome.jpg

jenanna1709
Returning Member

Stimulus Check

Screenshot_20200615-170920_Gmail.jpg

This is what the non filer form says but no one else claimed my children but myself on my federal and state 

jenanna1709
Returning Member

Stimulus Check

Sorry for all the replies 

But I refilled out the non filers form and removed my 2 children and it was accepted. So what does that mean? I wont get the $500 for them? Did someone else claim them, as it stated in the first error message? 

VictoriaD75
Expert Alumni

Stimulus Check

TurboTax will not have that information. The stimulus deposit comes directly from the IRS. 

Information about who is getting the stimulus check can be found in the links below:

What do I need to know about the coronavirus stimulus package?

Economic Impact Payments

The IRS has created a Get My Payment portal to track the progress of these payments for taxpayers.

IRS Economic Impact Payments

Telephone Assistance: IRS live phone assistance is extremely limited at this time. For Economic Impact Payment questions, call 800-919-9835.

IRS Telephone Assistance

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies