Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

kssgu

state withholding on 1099-R wrong.

1099-R shows state tax withheld to 2 states, OR and MA, but I was only resident in MA and am retired and didn't work in either state.   Payer (Fidelity) says not their fault, that was information reported to them, they can't fix.  I did use my son's mailing address in OR for part of the year while I was out of the country, but never reported a residency change until I sold my mA house in 2024.  I am using TurboTax premier for 2023.  How do i fix this?  Deadline for filing 10 days away and I am out of country.  Thank you.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

state withholding on 1099-R wrong.

You will need to complete an Oregon non-resident tax return.  Enter 0 Oregon income.  You should receive the full amount of the OR taxes withheld as a refund.

To have TurboTax provide the Oregon return, in the Personal Info section using the desktop editions or in the My Info section using the online editions, you will have to indicate that you made money in other states and select Oregon as that state.

When entering your state income taxes you need to complete the non-resident Oregon return before completing the MA resident state tax return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies