Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

photolady

State taxes amount is zero?

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies

No one can see your screen or your tax return.  Do you mean you are not getting a state refund?  Or do you mean you do not owe the state?   What do you need help with?

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
rjs
Level 15
Level 15

What is your question? It's certainly possible for your state tax to be zero.

If you have a question, first of all tell us what state it is. Each state has different forms and rules. Also clarify exactly where you are seeing zero. Is it the total state tax, or the refund or tax due amount? Why do you think it should not be zero?

photolady

I had a problem when I started my taxes…. Taxes were rejected and not accepted. Called support and found I was pointing to the wrong form because I signed onto a different userid I created.  Support found the error successfully.  However, the federal and state taxes were accepted, the federal 2633 and state taxes 0.

photolady

Not receiving state taxes 0.00.

photolady

I’ve never had a refund denied.  I believe I was looking at the wrong form. Signed on photolady vs jog725.

photolady

New York State

rjs
Level 15
Level 15

If Form IT-201 line 78b is zero or blank you are not getting a New York refund. If Form IT-201 line 80 is zero or blank you do not owe any New York tax. As I said earlier, it is certainly possible for your state tax to be zero. You have not explained why you think it should not be zero. We here in the TurboTax Community cannot see your tax return. If you think the tax return is wrong, see if you can find an error in any of the figures on Form IT-201. If you cannot find an error, and you still think it should not be zero, call TurboTax Support again and see if they can help you.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies