State Return Rejected

LindaPelin

State Return Rejected

You keep sending me emails that State is rejecting my efile.  I follow your directions to fix but I can't seem to get to anything to repair.  Return keeps telling me my return is fine and ready to file.  Seems my County of Residence is in error.  It is Kings County California.  HELP

LenaH

State Return Rejected

If your return is being rejected for your county, it is important to note that the county name is case sensitive. The first letter of every word should be capitalized and you should only type the name of the county. For example, if you lived in Kings county, you would just write "Kings". 

You can get back to this screen to reenter the county in TurboTax by following the steps below:

1. Click on State on the left column. 
  2. Confirm that a resident return in the State of California is being filed. 
  3. Click continue.
  4. Answer the questions about your 2019 filing.
  5. On the next screen, titled Your Principal Residence, enter your county of residence.

Once the California county is reentered as outlined above, you can continue to refile your return. 

meadowssa

State Return Rejected

Hello,

The 2020 CA return uses a dropdown menu. You cannot type it in. I chose Los Angeles county, which I live it, but the state rejected it because of a spelling / capitalization issue. It looks fine on the software but when I print it, it comes out LOS ANGELES (all caps). Since I cannot change the dropdown menu or the software, I believe this is a software issue with Turbotax. 

AkinaLO

State Return Rejected

This issue has been resolved, please clear your cache and delete your cookies before resubmitting your return.

Here are two articles that will show you how to clear the cache and delete cookies. 

How to clear your cache - Community 

How do I delete cookies? - Community