State filing Fee

RobertPA

State filing Fee

I purchased the Deluxe version which says I get one free state filing so why does it want to charge me$25.00 to file my state taxes?

State filing Fee

E-filing fee in desktop software

Did you purchase desktop software with state software included?  They sell Deluxe both with and without state software--so you have to be careful which one you choose.  And even if it does have the state software download included, that is for preparing the state.  There is an extra fee to e-file the state.  You can avoid the state e-file fee if you print and mail the state instead of e-filing it.

prypin

State filing Fee

Answer was both thorough and concise. I know now to print and mail my state return. Thank you.