State filed automatically

micha42

State filed automatically

I filed online and chose only to file federal. I received an e-mail today telling me my state return was accepted. How did this happen when I Only selected federal to e-file?

AkinaLO

State filed automatically

If you are an Intuit customer and wish to report a suspicious email, website, suspected fraud, or a general security problem with an Intuit product or with your Intuit account, please reference the main security issue reporting page or reach out directly to our security team at security@intuit.com

micha42

State filed automatically

The email was not suspicious. The fact that your system filed my state return when I did not request it to be filed is. I selected (check box) for federal and made sure the state was unchecked. I verified with my local office that my state taxes were submitted electronically and this was without my permission. 

How do you explain that the e-file was sent when it was not requested?

micha42

State filed automatically

Since you could only supply an automated response that had noting to do with my concern I need to know how to contact a live representative so I can address the concern that you submitted my state taxes without my authorization and what next steps you will do to rectify this.

TiffanyL

State filed automatically

Yes, please see the FAQ link provided below to reach out to TurboTax customer support for assistance:

What is the TurboTax phone number?