mrtyc

State efile

I previously efiled my federal return and it was accepted. Now I am trying to efile NJ state return but TT keeps giving me message that I have to select federal as well, which is not an available option. Is state efile available if Fed has been accepted. If so, what is the work around?

RZjohn

State efile

Same exact think just happened to me here in CA.  Really have no interest is printing and mailing the return.  Please help.

Thanks in advance

KnitW1t

State efile

having same issue in michigan. At this point I was told to go to File - Electronic Filing - Check electronic Filing status - then save to make sure the system has the accepted status saved. Then close and reopen the return to try and efile - this did  not work for me.  Still waiting for a fix

richdjr

State efile

Same with me. "To e-file, you must also select the federal return" which I sent first. Did an update, no change. 

cdwhite308

State efile

Having this same problem with my Michigan return.  I have already e-filed federal return, which was accepted, and my direct deposit hit the bank today.  Tried to finish Michigan return which I get a message "E-file requires federal return.  To e-file you must  also select the federal return. Click back to select federal and any other returns you would like to file".

sjkonig

State efile

Same issue here.  I sent a Tweet to TurboTax support - hopefully they'll issue a fix.

gnubari

State efile

I had the same problem in Alabama.  I e-filed my Federal Taxes, and came back to complete my State Taxes because I needed to pay for the e-file fees because your offices were closed.  It won't let me back in to complete my state e-file.  HELP!!

ozerkovs

State efile

I just spent more than 1 hour on the phone with TurboTax with the same issue (Federal accepted cannot e-file California).   The agent tried everything in the book.   No success.

Can somebody in the development team at Turbo Tax look into this issue?  It seems clear to me this is a bug in the software.   

State efile

Have you seen this new error FAQ?

3/11/2021 Can't efile state see this new error

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/tax-topics/help/why-am-i-not-able-to-e-file-my-state-return-after-...

wentwest

State efile

Same problem.  I filed my Federal tax forms the other day, all accepted, now I want to file the California return and the program won't let me do it because the Federal is already filed.  Time to wake up the staff at Turbo and get on this.  

roberto77rb

State efile

Same Here getting "E-File requires federal return"

efileRequired.png

eamike261

State efile

I have the exact same problem. It won't let me file state taxes. I bought this software with the intent to file both state and federal.

State efile

Please sign up on that FAQ so they know more people are having problems.

eamike261

State efile

Thanks. I've signed up. I wonder why it's marked as "solved"?