So I’m from South Carolina which was put as my sta...

mcdowgos

So I’m from South Carolina which was put as my state of record, and I have been stationed in Hawaii. I thought that while filing my tax return, the two were staying separate, but once I reached

Also, I know that military shouldn’t have to pay state taxes for the state they’re stationed in.  Only home of record.  So I’m now lost on what to do.
TomD8

If SC is your military SLR/HOR, and your only income in Hawaii was your active duty military pay, then in TurboTax enter SC as your State of Residence, and answer No to the questions about living in another state or having income from other states.

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.**

CatinaT1

Regardless of where you are stationed, your residency remains your home of record.  If you only had military pay then you only need to file in your resident state.