Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Smart Check Error - Indiana - "Taxpayer First Name should not be entered directly...."

I am stuck in a do loop and cannot progress to eFile.  Here's what is says.  "Information Worksheet:  Taxpayer First Name should not be entered directly on the Indiana Information Worksheet for electronic filing.  You must complete the Federal Personal Information Worksheet."  Federal taxes eFiled just fine, but Indiana won't transmit due to this error.  Anyone else see this?  Know how to resolve?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies
SForrestLO
Intuit Alumni

Smart Check Error - Indiana - "Taxpayer First Name should not be entered directly...."

During the smart check, are you able to remove the name? Are you using the CD/Download or online version?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

I’m using the download for Mac OS.  And I’ve tried to delete the first name, and then I get the error the name is missing.   All was fine with the Smart Check until I went to eFile Fed + CA + IN, and then this error occurred that can’t be fixed.  FED and CA are both eFiled

CarissaM
Intuit Alumni

Please follow the instructions here to give us a call, so we can better assist you with this. @FrustratedinIND 

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Tech Support was able to resolve the issue on a phone call

MoniqueLO_
Intuit Alumni

Thank you for the update! We are glad the issue has been resolved. 

@FrustratedinIND 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies