marisha_96

Should i stop what im doing and contact the employee about this? for state and local taxes I dont see my state available to select. what is the best outcome to do?

should I go back and reenter all the information on my w2 form from this job?

Several  states do not have a state income tax.  So these states will not show up in certain drop down lists.   Leave boxes 15, 16, and 17 blank when you enter a W-2 for these states.

Alaska, Florida, Nevada, South Dakota, Tennessee, Texas, Washington and Wyoming

JotikaT2

Do you live in a state that does not impose state income taxes?  

States without income tax for individuals

If so, you may not need to enter the information as listed in the state section of your W-2 Form as there would not be state income tax return to file.