Open TurboTax

Why sign in to the Community?

  • Submit a question
  • Check your notifications
or and start working on your taxes
Your taxes, your way. Get expert help or do it yourself. >> Get started
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
New Member

Separate state return

do I need to file a separate state return if I received a w2 from my past employer in a different state for income which I believe is from sales of employee stock purchase (box 14 of w2 has espp dd)? I don't have any other income from that state and also that w2 shows no federal or state tax withheld 

1 Reply
New Member

Separate state return

If you were a resident of another state during part of the year and earned income during your residency there, you may find further information in the FAQ: How do I file a part-year state return?

On the other hand, if you lived in one state and worked in another, you may find further information on filing a resident return in the FAQ: Which states have reciprocal agreements?

And information on filing a nonresident return in the FAQ: How do I file a nonresident state return?

About Community

Learn about taxes, budgeting, saving, borrowing, reducing debt, investing, and planning for retirement.



Manage cookies