Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Rejected State Return (NC) – Schedule K1

Getting the following error with no additional guidance or suggestions:

"/ReturnState/ReturnDataState/FormNCD400/PartnershipAndNCK1/PartNCK1 - There is incomplete or incorrect information on the North Carolina Partnership K-1"

Seems pretty straightforward but is getting rejected when using the following:

– US based entity so leaving the foreign address country as <Blank>

– Check "No" for taxed partnership

– Check "Yes" for Partner is an NC Resident

– Add up Lines 1 - 11 from the Schedule K1 and input that in section A / Line 1

– Skip the rest as none seem to apply

Any ideas or suggestions?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

10 Replies

Unless someone, who has the exact same problem, happens to find this post....you may be left with Customer Support:

What is the TurboTax phone number? (intuit.com)

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

I am having the same problem.  It seems they left the part A portion and the 23f column of part B off of the NCK1 supplemental schedule form so you cannot enter it.  I think this is throwing the return off.  I hope someone from intuit can respond.

well it seems it is unsupported by efile.  Wish I had known that before I paid for it.

https://care-cdn.prodsupportsite.a.intuit.com/forms-availability/turbotaxbusiness_nc_online_partners...

I couldn’t find any errors and I ended up mailing mine today.  Maybe it’s an error with TurboTax.

Same issue - I dont know how to communicate issues with Turbo Tax - how do you get a refund for returns you cant file?  Not happy

I called them and they said the money spent on state return is actually for the filling out of the forms which allows you to print them and mail them in.  The e-file is free.  I’m sure I could’ve of argued myself into a refund of the state portion at that time but I was exhausted.

I have also experienced the exact same error message today.  Turbo tax main screen has a red error stop sign with an exclamatino point in the center of the stop sign in the upper left of the screen.  When I click on the sign it says I have no errors.  North Carolina has rejected my return three times.  I think I will have to mail it in to NC as another reviewer has done.

LW3211

Thank you for posting this question!

There is probably a various obvious answer to this but I am new to this - do you happen to know if we have to submit a supplemental schedule if we only have regular basic income and basic business expenses? I am torn on whether I need to complete this or not. I'm guessing better safe than sorry? It's already been rejected twice ugh! thank you!

reunde

Same problem. No help.

What happened

/ReturnState/ReturnDataState/FormNCD400/PartnershipAndNCK1/PartNCK1 - There is incomplete or incorrect information on the North Carolina Partnership K-1.

FWIW to anyone still having trouble; I was able to successfully e-file the return yesterday. I am unsure if it was due to an update on TurboTax's side or that the entity that issued the K1 filed their state taxes which in turn permitted me to file mine? Has to be one of those two – no info changed in my return.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies