nikki804W

Refile State Taxes

My 2020 Fed and State were filed together and my federal return was accepted bu my state return was rejected due to an error in the program.  An update was needed for the bug and was released until 3/11/21.  I downloaded and installed the update.  Now I am trying to refile my state taxes.  However Turbotax keeps telling I need to Efile requires federal return.  My federal return has been efiled and accepted.  How am I supposed to refile my return.

MaryM428

Refile State Taxes

TurboTax is investigating the issue with not being able to e-file the state after e-filing the federal.  Here is an updated article:

Unable to e-file state after e-filing federal 

tonbroski

Refile State Taxes

I'm having the same issue.

IWix

Refile State Taxes

Good Morning All -

I have the Desktop version.  Just by chance I decided to launch TT this morning and surprise - there were updates.  

I was able to successfully file my state return -

Hope the same is true for each of you.

I work in Information Tech in my company and as frustrating as it is, I am glad they were able to resolve the issue and get it promoted prior to their anticipated date, and prior to me needing to paper file.

Have a great day -