turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

When reviewing my 1099-DIV info, I enter an amount of dividends from interest on US Government obligations. However, TurboTax keeps losing the number I type in.

x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
BillM223
Expert Alumni

When reviewing my 1099-DIV info, I enter an amount of dividends from interest on US Government obligations. However, TurboTax keeps losing the number I type in.

This is a sporadic issue that has been difficult to reproduce. Please see this thread for some suggested workarounds - US Govt Interest

This issue may or may not be related to this 1099-DIV issue - 1099-DIV with exempt interest shows "needs review".

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

View solution in original post

4 Replies
JotikaT2
Employee Tax Expert

I recommend reviewing your input as there are several areas where questions need to be answered.

Review your 1099-DIV as follows.

1. Select Income & Expenses under the Federal Tab 
  2. Scroll down to All income
  3. Select Dividends on 1099-DIV
  4. Select Edit to the right of your 1099-DIV
  5. Proceed to review your input as applicable and select continue
  6. The next screen will say Tell us if any of these uncommon situations apply to you.  Be sure to select A portion of these dividends is U.S. Government interest.

Uncommon situations

The next screen will prompt you to enter your U.S. Government interest.  Be sure to enter your amounts here and select Continue to ensure they are saved into the program.

Yes, that's what I do:

- Select "A portion of these dividends is U.S. Government interest."

- Enter the amount on the next page

- Click "Continue"

Then I get back to the "Review your 1099-DIV info" page, and it says that one "Needs review"

If I click through to see what's up, the amount has been zeroed out. I entered it again, clicked continue ... same thing: Needs review.

BillM223
Expert Alumni

This is a sporadic issue that has been difficult to reproduce. Please see this thread for some suggested workarounds - US Govt Interest

This issue may or may not be related to this 1099-DIV issue - 1099-DIV with exempt interest shows "needs review".

Yes, entering a state fixed this problem for me. Thank you!

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies