Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

Gemhill

We could not e-file your return for the following reason: You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Georgia Personal tax returns starting 02-03-2020 06:00 AM.

Exactly be I read once you submit, you can’t delete your state

scotteriv

We could not e-file your return for the following reason: You cannot e-file this tax return because the Intuit Electronic Filing Center is not open for the season yet. We accept 2019 Georgia Personal tax returns starting 02-03-2020 06:00 AM.

Go in your turbo tax home page and uncheck efile state return. You can wait and send by efile or send in mail

andruw726
Returning Member

I have the same problem. I just got off the phone with a rep who had no clue either. She also stated that it was because of the state return being done at the same time as the federal and could not be transmitted separately because they see it as one. However the message entirely is misleading it states first that the season is not open yet not that it could not be e-filed until Georgia tax e-file . Turbo Tax has really disappointed me and I cannot say if I will be using them next year. 

pardawg

Now it's Feb 4 and still can't E-File. Any idea when we can being a resident in GA?

I am having the same issue on Feb 7th.  Will give it another week before filing federal and state separately. 

@NBrenner wrote:

I am having the same issue on Feb 7th.  Will give it another week before filing federal and state separately. 

Contact TurboTax support for this issue.  You can e-file a Georgia tax return.  Georgia has been accepting state tax return since 02/01/2020.

See this TurboTax support FAQ on how to contact Support - https://ttlc.intuit.com/questions/3401489

On the phone with "support" now and it literally sounds like a butt dial.  Just heard this disgusting person burp into the phone and hasn't said a word to me, then hung up.  Not like one of these morons could help me.  Will just print and mail and ask for a refund.  It is a bug in their system that will not allow a partnership state tax return to be e-filed.

I tried deleting the GA Partnership state return, checked for updates, and re-did GA.  Still can't e-file and it's 2/12/2020.   Not sure GA will accept paper this year. 

The GA tax website states that partnership filing a form 700 need to submit electronically.  Turbo Tax when will you fix the bug that is not allowing us to file the state taxes required?!?

Irene2805
Expert Alumni

We are coordinating with the GA Department of Revenue to open e-filing of business returns.  It typically takes longer to set up the e-filing process for business returns than it does individual returns.  We appreciate your patience.  

And I appreciate your response Irene.  This could be more clearly communicated in the error message in the software though.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies