Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

NYS Pension/Annuities/IRA worksheet missing - holding up e-filing

Although New York does not want to receive printed tax returns and recommends that you efile, they will accept paper returns and process them.  

New York State Dept of Revenue

I spoke with a turbo tax expert yesterday and she had no explanation of why this form won’t work for NYS.  I chose to file with someone else.  I’m done waiting.  2 weeks was long enough for me.  The other company was cheaper too!

Anonymous
Not applicable

@dizzydrop  I will likely be doing that too if this issue is not fixed by 3/19 like I have seen on other forums.  Only issue is I already paid TT and will need them to process a refund.   If you don't mind me asking, what service did you switch too?

@Anonymous I used Tax Act.  It was very user friendly considering we have self employment, a partnership, and many other forms of income.  

Anonymous
Not applicable

Funny thing is, I created an account and did my taxes through them to see if there was any issues.  I would actually getting more money back and owe NYS less than what TT is calculating.... only issue since I have self employed wages as well, TaxAct wanted $200 to file, which was more than TT.

I did the self employment program and it was $79. Then the cost for state.  Strange.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I gave up waiting for TT..... ended up filing my taxes with TaxAct with NO ISSUES!!!!  Now just waiting on TT to refund my payment to them.

I was able to file my Federal earlier. I checked to file later for states and the software allowed me to submit the Federal returns which I need to qualify for the upcoming stimulus payment. I wasted few days and wish I could have tried this earlier. Good luck!

UPDATE: TurboTax seems to have just released an updated online version (v. 754) and I was able to file my New York state return without the "Fix Return" error. 

HOWEVER, I did go back to Federal and edit/resave my 1099-R forms, which had a slight effect on the final numbers for federal and state returns, so that seems like a good idea, especially if you haven't filed your federal return yet. 

Glad this is out of the way and we can all move on with our lives!

@giantberger This does not work for the Windows/Desktop version. I updated and forced an update and still the same issue on the Pension/Annuities/IRA Worksheet.

I can confirm you can now file your NY State taxes using the desktop version. Hurray! What a great day for humanity!

We'll never go hungry (for tax forms) again!

Thank you! I was able to file my NY State tax returns and they have been accepted’ 

I can’t transmit my state's taxes yet.  I transmitted  Federal first but now that issue with annuity is fixed can’t transmit state by itself

I would call Turbo Tax. Hopefully you get someone who can help. I filed my federal weeks ago and after 4-5 agonizing weeks, I was able to file my state by itself last night after 8PM. Try again. Hope it works for you. 

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies