turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Missouri tax form not calculting taxes properly. We are non residents. My income from MO is taxable my husband's is not. Turbo tax says we owe $2800 on my husband's incom

The software also isn't picking up the $3000 in taxes I already paid. Anyone else having issues with the state taxes not calculating properly?
Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
DanielV01
Expert Alumni

Missouri tax form not calculting taxes properly. We are non residents. My income from MO is taxable my husband's is not. Turbo tax says we owe $2800 on my husband's incom

Check your entries on your W2 to make sure that they are marked for the correct spouse, and then double-check the entries in the Missouri program for the same.  It sounds like your husband's income is flowing to the form instead of yours, which would also explain why the taxes withheld are also not being credited.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Thanks for the advice but I did all that already. More than once. I spent a couple hours checking and rechecking the numbers. I also used chat and one of the turbo tax people walked through it with me too. I had the same issue with my KS taxes. TurboTax said we owed KS $7000. I went online and did my KS taxes for free on their website and we are getting a refund of $445

turbo tax even shows that the MO portion of my husband’s income is 0 but somehow we owe over $2000 on his 0 income. 

DanielV01
Expert Alumni

In this public forum we don't have access to your return information.  If there are calculation issues, you may want to contact Customer Support and get their assistance.  What is the TurboTax phone number?

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies