turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

stento

Live in Washington, but did contract work in California. Do we need to pay California income tax?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
TomD8
Level 15

Live in Washington, but did contract work in California. Do we need to pay California income tax?

Your question is answered here:  https://www.ftb.ca.gov/individuals/faq/ivr/210.shtml

**Answers are correct to the best of my ability but do not constitute tax or legal advice.
Clew667

I work for a company in California. I live in a state with no state income tax. The company has mistakenly been deductions California income tax from my check. I received an e-mail that they have corrected the error and will “back out” my taxes from September. What does this mean?

Hal_Al
Level 15

You'll have to ask your employer, to be sure.  But, it probably means they'll add the withholding money to you next pay check and make negative entries on the California income and withholding so that when you get a W-2 in January it will show 0 CA income and tax.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies