turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Chelebell44
Returning Member

Lettet from nj state taxes

The letter I got the reference number is 03540672118

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

7 Replies
Anonymous
Not applicable

we can't see the notice.   can you give us an idea of what it is saying.   your other option is to call the state at the phone number on the letter to get clarification

Chelebell44
Returning Member

I cant talk to no one is there to talk on phone right now 

Chelebell44
Returning Member

I went threw turbo tax for both fed and state I have everything they asked for except transcript  from irs they r NJ it doing it right now because of the epidemic 

Chelebell44
Returning Member

When I clamed the kids it put I was mother when I am there aunt it was never changed back to aunt when it was sent to both fed and state 

still without you telling what the letter said and what NJ wants you to do, there can be no assistance.

TurboTax does not get any information from your state after you file your tax return.  TurboTax does not/cannot intercede with the state on your behalf.  The reference number has no meaning to TT or to anyone in the user forum.  You are going to have to contact your state and work it out with the state.  You have not told us much about the letter except that you made a mistake regarding your relationship to children you claimed.  We do not know what the state asked you to do, nor have you even mentioned what tax year this is about.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**

Mother or Aunt: doesn't matter.

You can claim the dependent: that's what matters.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies