Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

alamont14

I lived in Tennessee for half of 2019 before moving back to California and my income was $19,415.16. Do I have to file taxes for the state of Tennessee?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

6 Replies

I lived in Tennessee for half of 2019 before moving back to California and my income was $19,415.16. Do I have to file taxes for the state of Tennessee?

Tennessee does not have a personal income tax so there is not a state tax return to file.

alamont14

Thank you very much. So do I still have to disclose that I lived there for half of the year?

@alamont14 wrote:

Thank you very much. So do I still have to disclose that I lived there for half of the year?

Since you will be filing a CA part year resident tax return, only report your income from the date you moved to California on the CA state tax return.

alamont14

I didn't work at all when I came back to CA for the year. My only employment for 2019 was in TN from January-July. Do I still have to file for CA?

@alamont14 wrote:

I didn't work at all when I came back to CA for the year. My only employment for 2019 was in TN from January-July. Do I still have to file for CA?

No, you do not have to file a CA return if you did not have any kind of income while you were a CA part year resident.

alamont14

Thanks. So I don't have to say that I lived in TN during 2019?

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies