turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Feedback - SC State Tax Table Error - Turbo Tax Made a Mistake!

I want to submit feedback directly to Turbo Tax, but they've made it very difficult to figure out how to do that. There should be a button within the software program to report a problem or submit feedback.

I am VERY disappointed in Turbo Tax this year. My South Carolina State Taxes (completed using Turbo Tax Deluxe) bounced back from the State over a month later, stating that the Turbo Tax software used "Incorrect Tax from Tax Tables". This has caused the State to reformulate my taxes and delayed my refund for another month. I am VERY disappointed Turbo Tax made such a mistake. This has caused  great inconvenience to my family. I'd love a refund on the software I purchased, trusting Turbo Taxto help me complete my taxes quickly and efficiently, for which it failed to deliver this year.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

4 Replies
Kat
Level 15
Level 15

So very sorry.  I am not a TurboTax employee; I'm a user like you.  But I will share your post with TurboTax Moderators.

Were any penalties levied from SC?  There is the 100% accuracy guarantee, that agree to reimburse you for any penalties that you incur due to an error in the software.  Again, I apologize.

2020-02-28 20_07_26-Window.png

*** I am NOT a tax expert. I am a seasoned TurboTax user, and volunteer to provide assistance to TT users. Nothing I post is to be considered TAX ADVICE; I bear no legal liability for responses.***
jimbo4

I too have prepared 2 tax returns for 2019 South Carolina tax. We have received a letter from South Carolina for each return saying that the tax table is incorrect. From what I can see it is because Turbotax rounds off the numbers for income before the calculations are preformed. Example (1 return had 3 separate W2's, when added together the wages are $ 3 different than what Turbotax reported after calculations. If they are rounded off when entering the W2's before calculations the numbers are the same as Turbotax reported. The South Carolina does not round off numbers until all W2's are added together and then they round off the numbers. The income would have been correct if the numbers were not rounded off until the total was summed up.) This should mean that many letters will be sent out regarding South Carolina tax returns and wrong tax table. This needs to be addressed by Turbotax and fixed! There is no penalty incurred by South Carolina but there is a delay as stated by the previous user. 

A $3 income difference should not amount to enough of a tax difference to make a letter be generated.....something else must be happening.

♪♫•*¨*•.¸¸♥Lisa♥ ¸¸.•*¨*•♫♪
vscottindy
Returning Member

I never saw a place to register my PROPERTY INDEX NUMBER.  

This same mistake happened last year.  I dealt with it but believe Turbotax should not still have this error.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies