Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

racierto

Can't Start my Hawaii state returns

I purchased the Deluxe version with State. When I approach for my State Taxes section, it will save my file and then begins "getting updates". No indication that my Hawaii download has downloaded, and finally says it completes that the software is up to date. If I try to remove the state, there is no state installed to delete. Please advise how to proceed my State returns?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

5 Replies

I count now more than a dozen threads with identical problem.  What worked for me and others is to call support, and request a manual state download. 

This is a really common problem this year, it seems, and only the manual download seems to fix it.  Annoying, you must call during business hours and from your PC with ttax, as they will screen share to see it in action first.  8004intuit seems to get you in faster  than using the support link.

JakailaLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact customer support for assistance with your situation: https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/using-turbotax/help/what-is-the-turbotax-phone-number/00/25632

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Actually this thread

https://ttlc.intuit.com/community/taxes/discussion/state-tax-is-not-working-on-turbotax-deluxe-2019-...

Seems to have the fix.  Run the Microsoft fix-it tool, select installation problems, and then TurboTax wcaiper 2019 (might be a different name in different states).  Then try download again.

89AZDK

I have the same problem . What was the response from Turbotax?

DaraLO
Intuit Alumni

Please contact telephone support to receive a code for a manual download.  The contact number can be found in the following TurboTax FAQ:  What is the TurboTax phone number? - Community

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies