turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

arkumar

Amended State tax retrun

I filed amended federal return, but no option to file amended Indiana state tax return. Why? I owe $5 to state due to amended return, but the program does not give any guidance what to do (an option) to file state amended return. After filing federal, no information, just save and exit Turbo tax.  Very strange, even for amended return, really poor guidance for federal also. I cannot see my original tax data.

Please advise.

Thanks,

Rakesh 

Cell: [phone number removed]

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

2 Replies
ErnieS0
Expert Alumni

Amended State tax retrun

Go back into TurboTax and print your amended Indiana state return (Form IT-40X). Amended returns cannot be filed electronically.

To ensure an amended return is complete DOR recommends:

• Attaching other forms with changes—any other forms or schedules should be included with the IT-40X or 1040X form.
  • Waiting for your refund from the latest tax year before filing—Individuals who are due refunds from the original tax return filed for that tax year should wait to file an amended return to claim any additional refunds.
  • Paying additional tax as soon as possible—If the amended return shows more tax owed, individuals should pay the tax as soon as possible to avoid additional penalties and interest. Electronic payments for Indiana tax filings are accepted through DORpay or a payment plan can be set up with INTax Pay.  Information on payments and payment plans for federal filing can be found on the IRS website.

If enclosing payment mail to: Indiana Department of Revenue, P.O. Box 7224, Indianapolis, IN 46207-7224.

Mail all other returns to: Indiana Department of Revenue, P.O. Box 40, Indianapolis, IN 46206-0040.

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
arkumar

Amended State tax retrun

it seems that TurboTax has to fix the tax software to resolve such issues.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies