Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Ask the Experts All About the W-4! >> Event happening TOMORROW!
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

mickitaz

Pennsylvania State return

Hi there, 

I was filing taxes for the Pennsylvania State Return for a friend. For some reason, the program is stating that he is getting a refund of $143,000. That is certainly not correct. 

When I was doing my taxes, it reported a very high income for last year. I brought up the documents from that, and they were fine. So I am assuming this is just a program glitch. 

However, the Pa State return for $143,000 is really concerning. I double checked the information entered and it appears to be correct. Is there a known problem? 

Thank you. 

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Reply

Pennsylvania State return

We have not seen any reports of problems such as you describe. This sounds like a user error.  Check the amounts you entered again and look carefully for misplaced decimals or extra zeros.  The decimal and comma are next to each other on the keyboard so it is easy to strike the wrong key.   

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies