Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Paid Family Leave in California

Why TurboTax is counting my Paid Family Leave on 2 records,
1. Paid Family Leave 

2. Unemployment Income Exclusion

Is this correct since there is a difference in my refund amount calculated if I remove the entry in Paid Family Leave.

Moreover, this field was somehow automatically prepopulated with my W-2 income what is strange. The language in Paid Family Leave entry description refers to SDI and employer insurance VPDI and it is unclear to understand if EDD PFL should also be included here or not.

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
theoldbull
Returning Member

I had the exact same problem. It populated PFL for CA with my wages from my W2

No QA at all in this product? What about counting the PFL amount twice, did you have the same issue and how did you decide to resolve it considering that there is no way to talk with anybody from TurboTax?

NashayLO
Intuit Alumni

When you indicate in TurboTax that the W-2 is PFL, a screen about PFL appears in the California section of the interview.

The amount of PFL wages on the W-2 is displayed, so you don’t have to look it up. However, you must enter the amount (if any) that was paid by an insurance company, and not your employer. Please see this TurboTax FAQ for more information, What do I need to know about Paid Family Leave (PF...

If, after reading this, you still think its incorrect, Please contact us, Customer support phone number - TurboTax

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies