Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

jwenona

Other state income question My retirement comes from Maryland Yes we made money in states other than Texas or No we didn't make money in any other states

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

3 Replies
ee-ea
Level 15

Other state income question My retirement comes from Maryland Yes we made money in states other than Texas or No we didn't make money in any other states

No money from other states.

DawnC
Expert Alumni

Answer No - your retirement is sourced to your resident state.    TX has no income tax!  😉

**Say "Thanks" by clicking the thumb icon in a post
**Mark the post that answers your question by clicking on "Mark as Best Answer"

Receiving retirement income from another state is not the same thing as "making money" in another state.  You do not have to file a tax return from the state the pension is coming from if you did not live in that state in 2023.

**Disclaimer: Every effort has been made to offer the most correct information possible. The poster disclaims any legal responsibility for the accuracy of the information that is contained in this post.**
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies