isabelleckayal1

One of my w2s lists the wrong state that I did not live in and now it is claiming I owe that state $3.5K in taxes, what do I do about this?

I received 3 W2s from my old employer. I lived in NJ when I was hired, but not during 2016 at all. My employer never changed my address, so I received a W2 for VA, NY, and NJ, but it should have only been NY and VA.
MichaelL1

First, talk to the employer to see if you can get a corrected W-2.

Probably won't happen, but get a letter from then on the mess up that happened.

Then file a non-resident return for that State showing income as $0 to get the money back that was withheld on the W-2.  You probably will need to file this state return by paper and attach an explanation of what has happened.