Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

On the 1099-Dividends to split Federally tax exempt under adjustment , do I enter amount of adjustment (taxable) for state (PA) or amount that would be exempt?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions

On the 1099-Dividends to split Federally tax exempt under adjustment , do I enter amount of adjustment (taxable) for state (PA) or amount that would be exempt?

Not the checkbox adjustment on the first page following the 1099-DIV form...but the page after that.

Example shown for an NC resident below:....you'll do the PA amount, any US territories, and all the states are lumped together as "More than one state" such that the total = box 11:

But sometimes the calculation is a pain....and unless box 11 is large, won't do much.  "More than one state" for all of it is allowed and avoids extra manual calculations

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*

View solution in original post

1 Reply

Not the checkbox adjustment on the first page following the 1099-DIV form...but the page after that.

Example shown for an NC resident below:....you'll do the PA amount, any US territories, and all the states are lumped together as "More than one state" such that the total = box 11:

But sometimes the calculation is a pain....and unless box 11 is large, won't do much.  "More than one state" for all of it is allowed and avoids extra manual calculations

____________*Answers are correct to the best of my knowledge when posted, but should not be considered to be legal or official tax advice.*
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies