Did you mean: 
turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

frush6213
Returning Member

Ohio forms for filing not printing IT NRC

Completed all states and went to print, Ohio is a part year, the first half.  On schedule of credits line 36 is the non-resident credit, and says (include a copy).  Turbo Tax fails to print form Ohio IT NRC.  How do I get Turbo Tax to output this seemingly required page in the pages for filing?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

8 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

I encountered the same problem. It looks like you will have to print form  IT NRC separately, then add it manually to the other forms.

Click on the Forms icon. On the list of forms, click on Form IT NRC p1. When the form shows on the display box, click the Print button at the bottom left of that box/screen. 

If one has to manually add IT NRC it does not seem possible to file electronically.  Am I correct?  This seems to be a problem that TurboTax needs to fix.

Hal_Al
Level 15

Q. If one has to manually add IT NRC it does not seem possible to file electronically.  Am I correct? 

A. No.  It only seems to be a printing problem.  IT NRC is on the list of forms to be e-filed. 

Hal_Al
Level 15

TT has investigated this and the conclusion is:

Unfortunately, the printed form Schedule of Credits has confusing information asking for a copy of the IT-NRC However, some years ago, on ST-74041, it was determined that NRC should not be sent in if only wages are being allocated (if Column B, line 1 = line 9, then the IT-NRC will not print).

mv26

same issue.  pretty disappointing as i trusted turbotax to include necessary forms and they did not.  this has created more work for me.   for mac users, once you have the form displayed, go under "file" and then select "print active form".  

The document is now required as of this year.  Ohio will reject your return numbers without it.  TurboTax, you need to fix this problem.

Hal_Al
Level 15

@rokeefe1 

What's your source for "Ohio will reject your return numbers without it"?

I received a letter from the state of Ohio stating that my amount reported for the nonresident credit has been denied.  When I called them they said it was because the IT NRC was not included.  I shared with them that I had not included it last year and didn't have a problem.  They said they got a new system this fall and it checks for this document and will deny the credit without the form.  The previous system did not have this check.

message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies