Solved: Ohio does not tax SSI, how do I check to see if Turbo Tax has adjusted for this on my Ohio Return. What's the big secret of not seeing my own tax return?

coloneldean

Ohio does not tax SSI, how do I check to see if Turbo Tax has adjusted for this on my Ohio Return. What's the big secret of not seeing my own tax return?

Hal_Al

Social security benefits are deducted on line 14 of Ohio Schedule A. The amount deducted will match the amount of line 20b of federal form 1040 or line 14b of form 1040A. The deduction will not match the amount on your form SSA-1099

Hal_Al

coloneldean

I am obviously not a tax expert or I would not have Turbo Tax do my taxes - so, why would line 14 of Ohio Schedule A not be equal to the total amount on SSA-1099?
Hal_Al

Ohio starts with the federal adjusted Gross income (AGI), which only includes a portion (no more than 85%) of your SS as taxable income. You only get to deduct that portion of SS include in the federal AGI