turbotax icon
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Announcements
Close icon
Do you have a TurboTax Online account?

We'll help you get started or pick up where you left off.

Ohio does not tax SSI, how do I check to see if Turbo Tax has adjusted for this on my Ohio Return. What's the big secret of not seeing my own tax return?

Connect with an expert
x
Do you have an Intuit account?

Do you have an Intuit account?

You'll need to sign in or create an account to connect with an expert.

1 Best answer

Accepted Solutions
Hal_Al
Level 15

Ohio does not tax SSI, how do I check to see if Turbo Tax has adjusted for this on my Ohio Return. What's the big secret of not seeing my own tax return?

Social security benefits are deducted on line 14 of Ohio Schedule A. The amount deducted will match the amount of line 20b of federal form 1040 or line 14b of form 1040A. The deduction will not match the amount on your form SSA-1099

View solution in original post

3 Replies
Hal_Al
Level 15

Social security benefits are deducted on line 14 of Ohio Schedule A. The amount deducted will match the amount of line 20b of federal form 1040 or line 14b of form 1040A. The deduction will not match the amount on your form SSA-1099

I am obviously not a tax expert or I would not have Turbo Tax do my taxes - so, why would line 14 of Ohio Schedule A not be equal to the total amount on SSA-1099?
Hal_Al
Level 15

Ohio starts with the federal adjusted Gross income (AGI), which only includes a portion (no more than 85%) of your SS as taxable income. You only get to deduct that portion of SS include in the federal AGI
message box icon

Get more help

Ask questions and learn more about your taxes and finances.

Post your Question
Manage cookies